Explore

Everything AION read, in seven sections. Pick one, a topic or a time window.

Video
NewAI Engineer (YouTube)1h ago

Stop Renting Intelligence: The Train-to-Deploy Loop for Specialized AI — Fireworks AI

Jetashree Ravi, who leads part of the applied machine learning team at Fireworks AI, explains how teams move from closed models to open ones without losing quality.

r/MachineLearning (top, daily)9h ago

I trained a 414k-parameter transformer to fly a boids flock, then tested whether the rules a probe can read are the ones it uses [P]

I wrote a small boid simulator (12 birds), recorded it flying, and trained a transformer to predict each bird's next move without it knowing about any boid rules.

r/LocalLLaMA (top, daily)18h ago

Converting dense models into Mixture-of-Experts

For the past few weeks I've been trying out converting existing dense models to sparse Mixture-of-Experts models, with no pretraining from scratch.

r/StableDiffusion (top, day)22h ago

Qwen Image 2.1 Turbo - extend 'magic' 8 steps sigmas further

So, I've decided to try Qwen Image 2.1 Turbo with the following 'magic' sigmas, taken directly from their Diffusers implementation:

Video
NewAI Engineer (YouTube)2h ago

Hill-Climbing Skills: Improve Agents Without Changing the Model — Shubhankar Srivastava, Browserbase

Shubhankar Srivastava uses that uneven progress to show how browser agents can learn a task without changing model weights.

Video
NewAI Engineer (YouTube)2h ago

Parameter Golf with AutoResearch — Vayum Arora, Zhengyao Jiang, Dixing Xu & Dhruv Srikanth, Weco AI

Zhengyao Jiang introduces autoresearch as repeated proposals and evaluations, and Dixing Xu explains the team's Aiden system and its contributions to OpenAI's Parameter Golf challenge.