Analysis
Opinion, explainers and guides from people worth reading.
VideoWhy DeepSeek Wants AI To Forget
📝 The DeepSeek OCR paper is available here:

vllm-ascend updates (GLM5.3-flash) on dual 310p Ascend cards
Alright, I learend a few valuable lessons since I posted about a week ago, and I've made more strides with the DDR4x Ascend 96GB 310P cards I purchased, so here we go, meet the new friendly and less verbose me.

Updated ComfyUI-SeedVR2-VideoUpscaler-with-TensorRT v1.6.6 - Native ConvRot W4A8 Support & DisTorch2 Scope
The other day, when I published information about v1.5.7, I received a request in the comments regarding support for w4a8.

Cheaper AI tokens are driving more demand, and that's Jensen Huang's best-case scenario
Data from a16z shows a Jevons paradox in the AI market: token prices keep falling, but H100 GPU rental prices hold steady or climb.

48 hours to TechCrunch Disrupt 2026 — hear directly from the people building what’s next
Less than 48 hours, TechCrunch Disrupt 2026 starts in San Francisco’s Moscone West.
Help With Choosing Hardware [P]
I am going to fine-tune a satire model, with the base model being Qwen3.5-14B-Base.

The Epoch Brief - October 8, 2026
Welcome back to the Epoch Brief.
Building Reliable Data Analytics Agents: Lessons from the KDD Cup
The NVIDIA KGMON team placed second in the KDD Cup 2026 Data Agents competition with a system built around a simple idea of making an agent's harness smaller,...The NVIDIA KGMON team placed second in the KDD Cup 2026 Data Agents competition with a system built around a simple idea of making an agent’s harness smaller, clearer, and easier to verify.
What to expect during the AI Data Pipeline Forum: Join theCUBE Oct. 13
The post What to expect during the AI Data Pipeline Forum: Join theCUBE Oct.
The Computer Game
Build the best computer, from stone tools to your own chips

Master AI Chip Principles With New IEEE Design Program
Today’s engineers face an unprecedented acceleration in AI hardware complexity, as explained in the recent research article “Revisiting Edge AI: Opportunities and Challenges.” The article examines the rapid growth of edge AI and the challenges it creates, including resource constraints, model architecture limitations, and network demands across edge-AI deployments.
Qwen3.8 Flash Next fixed my GNOME extension
I love Dash2Dock Lite, but Icedman is always a week or two before updates.
Running Next Flash IQ3_XXS at ~70 tok/s with 100k context or 2 instances of Qwen 3.6 35B A3B IQ4 at ~145 tok/s with 256k all on $500 of ex mining BC-250 boards
This will be my third update on the bc-250 cluster and for my first forray into local ai I have been having a blast.
Building a 4x R9700 setup for a 10 person startup
Just wanted to share a build I am doing for a client.
AMD Reportedly Raises GDDR6 Prices for Board Partners
Is an AMD price incoming as well?
Strata with Qwen3.8 Flash Next UD-Q4_K_XL
Most of the benchmarks I've seen are using IQ2 or IQ3 quants, so I wanted to see how Unsloth's UD-Q4KXL performs instead.
Is there a better option than llama.cpp for 4GB VRAM for Higher tokens/sec?
I want something that utilizes my system resources more efficiently—for instance, by managing my RTX with 4GB VRAM more intelligently—and delivers higher tokens-per-second, all without the burden of heavy dependencies like PyTorch.
No more RTX 5090
Nvidia reportedly halts GeForce RTX 5090 production in favor of AI data center and professional GPUs — impending supply drought expected to drive up prices, RTX 5080 24GB rumored as new gaming flagship
4090 VS 5090 MINIMAX H3 SPEED
To those who used to have a 4090, what percentage of speed improvement have you noticed after upgrading to a 5090?
M5 Ultra 256GB or 2x DGX Spark? Which one?
Currently contemplating adding either M5 Ultra 256GB or dual DGX Spark in addition to existing 5090.
Be careful fam - New RTX 4090 fakes hit the market, with GPUs and memory almost indistinguishable from real chips
Be careful out there of deals now.
M5 Ultra Mac 256GB Studio - 64 core vs. 80 core version, is the inference speed difference worth the extra 10 weeks wait time?
I’m seeing 6-7 week delivery wait time for M5 Ultra Mac Studio 64 core version versus 15-17 weeks for 80 core version.

3 days to TechCrunch Disrupt 2026: Meet the startups before they hit mainstream
TechCrunch Disrupt 2026 takes place October 13-15 in San Francisco.
Validate AI Factory Changes with Digital Twins and AI Agents
AI factories are some of the most complex operations in the world, combining GPUs, CPUs, switches, DPUs, and SuperNICs alongside schedulers, orchestration...AI factories are some of the most complex operations in the world, combining GPUs, CPUs, switches, DPUs, and SuperNICs alongside schedulers, orchestration services, security controls, and a rapidly changing software stack.
The Machines that Make the Machines
However, the process of assembling GB300 trays requires skilled physical labor in factories across the world.
big or small?
what size do you want? tell them on X:
Ghost Core
A personal AI computer that runs entirely on-device